Your Journey Starts Here…
- Visit the Sales Office and Meet Our Team
- Follow Up Visit Lot Reservation
- Write Agreement With the Marz Sales Team
- Structural Change Appointment (if applicable)
- Obtain Mortgage Approval
- Have Your Lawyer Review the Agreement
- Contract Revisions/Acceptance
- You Bought a New Home
(Deal Becomes Firm & Conditions are Lifted)
- Structural Upgrade Purchase
- Receive Homeowner Guide
- Schedule Design Studio Orientation
- Visit Our Design Studio for Open House Hours
- Design Appointment #1
- Design Appointment #2
- Design Appointment #3 (if required)
- Notification construction on your new Marz Home has commenced!
- Monthly Site Updates
- Pre-Dry Wall Orientation
- Customer Insight Pre-Close Survey
- Closing Letter Sent
- Pre-Delivery Inspection
- CLOSING DAY!
- Marz Tarion 25-Day Warranty Check
- CustomerInsight Welcome Home Survey
- Marz Tarion 11-Month Warranty Check
- Customer Insight Anniversary Survey
- Tarion 2-Year Warranty Check
Marz Homes is committed to the quality of your new home. That is why we offer a comprehensive after-sales service program should a situation arise where a warrantable item is in need of repair. The enjoyment of your new home is of utmost importance to us. Aside from emergency situations, there are two opportunities within the first year of home ownership for you to report deficiencies covered by warranty for service.
25-Day Warranty Form
- Record any deficiencies covered by warranty that have arisen
- Include any items that may not have been corrected from the PDI
- Record any deficiencies covered under warranty that have appeared during your first year of ownership
Once items have been reported to us in writing, our service staff will confirm the warrantable items and make arrangements for service as soon as possible. Please ensure that our office always has current contact numbers on file so that we can reach you for any necessary appointments.. The Marz Homes warranty will continue to cover water penetration and the electrical, plumbing and heating equipment for your home until the end of your second year of ownership. You can use the 2-Year Warranty Form to request service for those items if required. To determine whether or not an item is covered under warranty please see the Marz Homes Service Guide in the Client Care section of our website.
Our Commitment To Your New Home Warranty
11-Month Warranty Coverage (General Warranty)
- Defects in material and workmanship
- Constructed in accordance with the Ontario Building Code
- Free from major structural defects
2-Year Warranty Coverage (Water Leakage/Mechanical Units)
- Water penetration in the building envelope
- Defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking, or defects in work that result in water penetration through the building envelope
- Defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems
- Defects in work or materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (i.e. brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding)
- Free from major structural defects
7-Year Warranty Coverage (Major Structural Defects)
- Defect in work or materials that results in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home’s structure or materially and adversely affects its load-bearing function
- Defect in work or materials that materially and adversely affects the use of the building as a home
After Possession Items
Once you take possession of your new home, there are often several items still to be completed. There may also be certain items you may wish to complete at this time, but it is advisable to always check with your Client Care Coordinator to ensure you are free to do so.
Driveway paving is a seasonal item that can only take place during certain times of the year. It will also not occur until a majority of the construction within the community has been completed. You will be given advanced notice of its completion, along with maintenance details, closer to the date of installation.
Sod & Landscaping
Sod is also a seasonal item, and is often only laid once the construction in the community, or on a street, has been completed. You will need to ensure your home has access to proper watering equipment in order maintain the sod. Marz Homes is not responsible for replacing grass that has died due to lack of watering. As with driveway paving, you will be given notice in advance of its completion.
Grading & Drainage
The grading of your home is essential to preventing flooding and keeping your basement dry. In addition to protecting your home from water, it also plays a larger role in protecting the homes of your neighbours as well, and should not be altered in any way. Your lawyer will be provided a copy of your final survey on closing that can be used as a reference. However, it is advised that you consult a professional engineer/planner prior to adjusting your grading. If the municipality has concerns about any alteration you have made to your grading, the repair could potentially be at your own expense.
Installing Fences, Pools, Patios and Gardens
Once your sod has been installed, you may be starting to plan the installation of fencing, pools, or other backyard features. However, these items cannot be installed until the City/Region/Town has signed off on the final grading for the community. This normally occurs one (1) year after the sod has been laid, allowing appropriate time for the ground to settle. To find out if your home is eligible for fence, deck or swimming pool installation, please first confirm if the community has been assumed by contacting your municipality or Client Care Coordinator.
For more information on any of the above-mentioned items, please contact the Marz Homes service department at email@example.com.
Marz Homeowner Safety
Marz Homes Emergency Procedures
Certain severe conditions constitute an emergency situation. An emergency is defined as any warrantable deficiency within the control of the builder that, if not attended to immediately, would likely result in imminent and substantial damage to the home, or would likely represent an imminent and substantial risk to the health and safety of its occupants. Examples of emergency situations include:
- Total loss of heat between September 15 and May 15*
- Gas leak*
- Total loss of electricity*
- Total loss of water supply*
- Total sewage stoppage*
- Plumbing leakage that requires complete water shut-off
- Major collapse of any part of the home’s exterior or interior structure
- Major water penetration on the interior walls or ceiling
- A large pool of standing water inside the home
- Any situation where the home is considered uninhabitable for health or safety reasons
* Emergency situations due to failure of a municipality or utility to provide the service are not
within the builder’s control.
If you experience an emergency during business hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m –5:00 p.m.) please contact our office at (905) 662-3039.
You will be provided with a list of after hours emergency contact numbers at the time of your Pre-delivery Inspection.
At Marz we want to make sure you get the most out of your home each season. With the different seasons effecting our homes throughout the year, we want to help you stay informed on techniques to help keep your home in quality shape. Throughout your homes we have placed several QR home tags that allow you to scan a barcode and follow an informative video on how to maintain certain items in your home that require seasonal maintenance for long lasting functionality such as your smoke detectors, furnace, main water shut-off valve and more.
For more maintenance tips follow the maintenance schedule to preserve and protect lasting value of your new home throughout the year. You can find more information and helpful videos on our Youtube Channel.
View our Maintenance Checklist for more detailed ideas:
Emergency Items, Homeowner safety & Home Care How-To Videos